Each year, more than 200 local organizations partner with United Way of York County by running an annual fundraising campaign to support critical health and human service needs in our community. It is York County's largest annual fundraising campaign. Many people choose to make a donation through their place of employment with payroll deduction, cash, check or credit card.
How to Run A Workplace Campaign
United Way of York County strives to provide you with all the tools your organization will need to run a successful workforce campaign. Here are the four easy steps to success!
1. Make A Plan
- United Way of York County encourages electronic giving. It’s easier access for donors to give, and gives YOU quicker campaign results. Reach out to your Corporate Engagement Manager to arrange for easy electronic giving (e-Pledge) no later than 4 weeks before your campaign kick-off.
- Determine your campaign timeline and dates for employee meetings. (Campaigns are most successful when kept to two weeks or one payroll period!)
- Plan goals (via our Goal Poster), special events, and fun incentives!
- Notify ALL employees and retirees to save the date for your campaign kick-off!
- Confirm support from all department supervisors and encourage (virtual or in-person) employee meeting participation.
- Wear your Live United T-shirt to show your support! Click here to order from the UW Store!
- Hang and share UWYC posters. (Prize Giveaway, #yorkreads, Serving ALICE in York)
- Use our Sample CEO or Champion Kick-off Letter to kick off your campaign and show Leadership support!
- Make sure all employees have access to paper forms or e-Pledge giving options. (English pledge form; Spanish pledge form)
- Conduct any special events/activities and employee meetings (Employee Meeting Guide; Printable "Dressed This Way for United Way" Sticker).
- Communicate consistently throughout campaign to keep up enthusiasm using our easy impact videos or graphics. (What A Dollar Buys Flyer)
- Wrap-up, collect all pledges and follow up on outstanding pledges.
- Complete and email your Corporate Engagement Manager with the Campaign Report Form and include if there are any cash/checks, or pledge forms for pick up.
- If using e-Pledge, take a screenshot of the campaign thermometer and announce results to your employees, thanking them for their support with a morale boosting message from your CEO. (Edit our Sample Campaign Thank-You Letter)
If Your Company Doesn't Run A Campaign, Why Not Start?
Take the first step in being a company that invests in a strong foundation for York County.
Are you ready to bring your company on board with the team that makes great things happen? To get started, contact Corporate Engagement Director Kim Lentz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717.771.3801.
For further information about United Way of York County, please view the Frequently Asked Questions page.