In order to support the families with the high cost traditionally associated with high quality child care and preschool programs, the United Way of York County is accepting contributions from businesses which will specifically go towards scholarships for pre-kindergarten students into high quality programs. The United Way has partnered with early learning centers in York County which are eligible to accept the scholarship dollars (see the list of approved centers below). For further information and to find out if your family qualifies for assistance in providing high quality opportunities for your child, please contact Sara Gray-Bradley, Director of Education Initiatives at (717) 771-3808.
View the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program brochure here.
Pre-K Scholarship Organization
What makes the United Way Pre-K Scholarship Organization unique? The United Wayhas made a commitment to reinvest the 20% allowable administrative costs into education and advancement of teachers through higher education systems located in York County. This means that 100% of your charitable tax donation to the United Way of York County’s EITC program will directly benefit educational advancements.
Approved Early Learning Centers
The following early learning centers are eligible to accept the scholarship dollars:
- TLC Montessori; Dallastown Area School District
- Tracie England; Dallastown Area School District
- Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center; York City School District
- Bethany Christian Learning Center; York Suburban School District
- KinderCare # 301025; York Suburban School District
- Jennifer H. Doll; York Suburban School District
- The Early Learning Center; Central York School District
- Stillmeadow Nazarene Child Care Center; Central York School District
- Otterbein Early Education Center; Northeastern School District