Position Title: Youth Court Alliance Intern
Organization: United Way of York County
Hours: 250 hours required.
Compensation: $2,000 stipend
Reports to: Youth Court Alliance Director
Purpose of Position: To provide administrative and program support for the Youth Court Alliance program. Assist with trainings, conduct intake meetings, exit interviews and completion meetings with Youth Court Alliance families.
1. Compile data and maintain files for the Youth Court Alliance program.
2. Provide routine reports to the Youth Court Alliance Director.
1. Assist with the recruitment and retention of student volunteers.
2. Oversee Youth Court Alliance hearings at William Penn High School.
3. Oversee Youth Court Alliance hearings at Hannah Penn and Ferguson.
4. Provide Intake and Exit Interviews, and completion meetings, with Youth Court Alliance families.
5. Follow up with Youth Court Alliance assignments to report on status toward completion.
6. Discuss additional student needs, unrelated to academic work, to the Youth Court Alliance Director who will then link students with appropriate resources.
7. Assist with the planning of events for Youth Court Alliance.
1. Help manage and train community partners and Youth Court Alliance members, helping to implement the Youth Court Alliance.
2. Attend Truancy Task Force Meetings.
3. Attend community events to help promote truancy prevention.
4. Provide feedback on ways the Youth Court Alliance could improve.
5. Assist Community Initiatives on programs related to the betterment of youth.
1. Assist Community Initiatives on programs related to the betterment of children and youth.
2. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
1. Comfortable working with children and high school aged youth.
2. Preferably bilingual.
3. Must know how to use Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be willing to learn how to use additional databases.
5. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
6. Confidentiality required.
7. Able to pass a background check.
8. Ability to relate well to a variety of people, to work quickly and collaboratively.
9. Ability to be a constant role model and mentor.
10. Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel. Reimbursement will be provided.
11. Must have after school availability.
To Apply Please Contact:
Youth Court Alliance Director
800 E King Street
York, PA 17403
For more information:
For more information on Youth Court Alliance, please visit http://www.unitedway-york.org/york-county-truancy-prevention-initiative.
For information regarding internship opportunities, please contact United Way of York County at (717) 843-0957 or email United Way here.