York County Truancy Prevention Initiative
Youth Court Alliance Intern
Reports to: Youth Court Alliance Director
Purpose of Position: To provide administrative and program support for the Youth Court Alliance program. Assist with trainings, conduct intake meetings, exit interviews and completion meetings with Youth Court Alliance families.
- Compile data and maintain files for the Youth Court Alliance program.
- Provide routine reports to the Youth Court Alliance Director.
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of student volunteers.
- Oversee Youth Court Alliance hearings at William Penn High School.
- Oversee Youth Court Alliance hearings at Hannah Penn and Ferguson.
- Provide Intake and Exit Interviews, and completion meetings, with Youth Court Alliance families.
- Follow up with Youth Court Alliance assignments to report on status toward completion.
- Discuss additional student needs, unrelated to academic work, to the Youth Court Alliance Director who will then link students with appropriate resources.
- Assist with the planning of events for Youth Court Alliance.
- Help manage and train community partners and Youth Court Alliance members, helping to implement the Youth Court Alliance.
- Attend Truancy Task Force Meetings.
- Attend community events to help promote truancy prevention.
- Provide feedback on ways the Youth Court Alliance could improve.
- Assist Community Initiatives on programs related to the betterment of youth.
- Assist Community Initiatives on programs related to the betterment of children and youth.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
- Comfortable working with children and high school aged youth.
- Preferably bilingual.
- Must know how to use Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be willing to learn how to use additional databases.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Confidentiality required.
- Able to pass a background check.
- Ability to relate well to a variety of people, to work quickly and collaboratively.
- Ability to be a constant role model and mentor.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel. Reimbursement will be provided.
- Must have 100,000/300,000 automobile insurance coverage.
- Must have after school availability.
To Apply Please Contact:
Youth Court Alliance Director
800 E King Street
York, PA 17403