York County Truancy Prevention Initiative
Youth Court Alliance Intern
Reports to: Youth Court Alliance Director
Purpose of Position: To provide administrative and program support for the Youth Court Alliance program. Assist with trainings, conduct intake meetings, exit interviews and completion meetings with Youth Court Alliance families.
- Compile data and maintain files for the Youth Court Alliance program.
- Provide routine reports to the Youth Court Alliance Director.
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of student volunteers.
- Oversee Youth Court Alliance hearings at William Penn High School.
- Oversee Youth Court Alliance hearings at Hannah Penn and Ferguson.
- Provide Intake and Exit Interviews, and completion meetings, with Youth Court Alliance families.
- Follow up with Youth Court Alliance assignments to report on status toward completion.
- Discuss additional student needs, unrelated to academic work, to the Youth Court Alliance Director who will then link students with appropriate resources.
- Assist with the planning of events for Youth Court Alliance.
- Help manage and train community partners and Youth Court Alliance members, helping to implement the Youth Court Alliance.
- Attend Truancy Task Force Meetings.
- Attend community events to help promote truancy prevention.
- Provide feedback on ways the Youth Court Alliance could improve.
- Assist Community Initiatives on programs related to the betterment of youth.
- Assist Community Initiatives on programs related to the betterment of children and youth.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
- Comfortable working with children and high school aged youth.
- Preferably bilingual.
- Must know how to use Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be willing to learn how to use additional databases.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Confidentiality required.
- Able to pass a background check.
- Ability to relate well to a variety of people, to work quickly and collaboratively.
- Ability to be a constant role model and mentor.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel. Reimbursement will be provided.
- Must have 100,000/300,000 automobile insurance coverage.
- Must have after school availability.
To Apply Please Contact:
Youth Court Alliance Director
800 E King Street
York, PA 17403
Reports to: Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Manage the AgencyLink database and eCImpact online funding system and provide assistance to agencies with developing their profiles and accessing data.
- Perform data entry in campaign software for entering employee pledges.
- Ensure that all nonprofits receiving designations have completed a Patriot Act form as required by federal law.
- Manage eCImpact online funding application and data collection system by updating forms for all United Way processes, developing the outcome data system, providing reports on outcome data, and assisting in recruiting allocations and agency review volunteers and training them in the use of the system.
- Assist in the management of committees and programs that address the needs of the homeless and nearly homeless population in York County by providing direct support to volunteers as needed and managing the application and reporting processes for the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program.
- Provide backup front desk support during office hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required. Emphasis on web based platforms and data processing with knowledge of related fields including accounting and administration.
- Demonstrated reliability and positive work habits.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to enter data accurately with attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated database management skills.
- Fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to and the ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- Must have $100,000/$300,000 in automobile insurance coverage.