Improving People's Physical and Behavioral Health
Good health allows children to learn better and adults to work to increase their income. Individuals and families need access to primary health care services including infant and maternal care that leads to healthy babies and children. Health prevention programs can help youth avoid risky behaviors and stay on track to be healthy and productive adults. Other preventive services such as health assessments and screenings for adults and seniors can help reduce health costs. A community is healthier when health and safety preparedness training helps prepare for disasters.
Community Priorities and Outcomes in Health
Improving People’s Physical and Behavioral Health
Adults and Children Learn Strategies to Lead a Healthy Life
Individuals and families need access to equitable health care along with the opportunity to learn and engage in healthy activities and learn strategies to lead a healthy lifestyle that supports their behavioral and physical health.
- Individuals have access to health care.
- Individuals engage in healthy eating and physical activity.
- Individuals learn strategies to lead a healthy lifestyle that support their behavioral health.
Older Adults and Individuals with Disabilities Continue to Thrive
Adults and children with physical and intellectual disabilities have access to services and strategies that help them succeed in living independent lives. Older adults are provided with access to care that will allow them to thrive and maintain their independence.
- Individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities lead independent lives.
- Older adults are able to maintain their independence.
Physical Safety, Violence Prevention and Substance Abuse Prevention
Individuals need education to avoid risky behaviors and are educated about healthy relationships to lead healthy and productive lives.
- Individuals are educated about violence prevention and healthy relationships.
- Individuals are educated about prevention strategies that allow them to avoid substance abuse and recognize the signs of addiction.
- Victims of violence are safe and have access to shelter and support services.
United Way is involved in several community-wide efforts that promote a healthier and safer York County.
Healthy York County Coalition - For information about community health efforts in York County.
Click Here for upcoming Healthy York County Coalition events.
Healthy York Network - For information about access to health care and Healthy Community Pharmacy.
Aligning Forces for Quality Central Pennsylvania - For Information on quality health care and care for persons with chronic illnesses.