Early Learning Scholarship Programs
United Way of York County is on a mission to assist working households in our community to achieve financial stability. With that mission in mind, we implement two scholarship programs that support York County families in making high-quality early learning more affordable.
Program Applications and Eligibility Requirements:
1. Seedlings Scholarship Program (children 6 weeks to 2 years old)
2. Sprouts Scholarship Program (children 3 years to 5 years old)
Approved Early Learning Centers:
The following early learning centers are eligible to accept the scholarship dollars:
• KinderCare Learning Center #301025 ─ York Suburban School District
• Webster Early Learning Center ─ Central York School District
• Otterbein Early Learning Center ─ Northeastern School District
• Sunbeam Station ─ Northeastern School District
• York Day Early Learning ─ School District of the City of York
• YMCA of York and York County ─ School District of the City of York
• Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center ─ School District of the City of York
• Kidsville Junction (Fawn Grove) ─ South Eastern School District
• Kidsville Junction (Stewartstown) ─ South Eastern School District
• U-GRO ─ Central York School District
• York JCC – Dallastown Area School District
• Hanover Area YMCA – Hanover Public School District
I am writing to express my sincere gratitude to you for making the United Way Scholarship possible to not just my family, and I, but all families around the area! I was very excited to learn of Everly’s selection for the Scholarship the first time we applied, as well as many times after that. We were deeply appreciative of your support.
Everly was enrolled in the Hanover YMCA Academy of Early Learning. She has since graduated and moved on to kindergarten. She loved the many friends, teachers, basic life skills, as well as educational skills to start her journey of life. Earning this scholarship for Everly helped us invest in her future and our future as a family. We have had some struggling moments as a family before, during, and after COVID. With the help of this scholarship, we could enroll her in sports, let her go on field trips, and most importantly have the stability, love, and safety she needed while we were working. We really appreciate everything the United Way has done for our daughter, future children, and all families alike.
Thank you again for the thoughtfulness, and generosity you have shown! Always know your help will never go unnoticed.
Interested in supporting Early Learning Scholarships?
In order to support families with the high cost traditionally associated with high-quality childcare and preschool programs, United Way of York County is accepting contributions from businesses that will specifically go towards scholarships for pre-kindergarten students to attend high-quality programs. United Way has partnered with early learning centers in York County which are eligible to accept the scholarship dollars (see the list of approved centers above). If you are interested in learning more or providing a corporate contribution, please contact Alicia Bowman at email@example.com.
Donation – If you are interested in supporting Early Learning Scholarships, please contact Alicia Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Made Possible By: